Friday, March 10, 2017

A(nother) Letter to Virgin Atlantic Customer Service

Michele,

We still have not received the refund you promised last year for the broken seats on our flight in August. I have reached out to you about the issues we experienced on 13 separate occasions--in September, October and November of 2016; and in January of this year. 

To remind you where we got to (since in many of our exchanges, it's apparent that there are either several people responding to Michelle Forrest's email, or one person with a terrible memory and no prior email history to refer to):

- On November 15, 2016, you emailed me the following:

"As for upgrading your seats, I have again spoken to my Team manager, and we would be happy to arrange a full refund for the two broken seats, which was yours and your daughters seats."  

- On January 27th, 2017, you emailed me the following:

"Thank you for your latest email. I would like to confirm that I have been in touch with our refunds team, as it appears that they missed my email.  I am very sorry that this has happened and I have sent feedback to their manager, that this is unacceptable. Please be assured that they are rushing the refund for you and this will be calculated within the next 7 -10 days [emphasis added].  As a gesture of goodwill I have credited a further 10000 miles to your Flying Club account."

It is now approximately 42 days since you promised to rectify the refunds team's "unacceptable" mistake within 7-10 days, and so for a 14th time I'm reaching out to you, as the Customer Relations rep at Virgin Atlantic, and at this point Michelle, I have only one question to ask (beyond where's our refund): What is going on with you people?

Sincerely,

Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment